The FTP Manager is only available to customers hosting on a Standard account or higher allowing you to create multiple FTP logins for a single Web hosting account. You can give access to specific FTP directories of your website to different users - you can control who can publish content on areas of your website.
FTP accounts can reference any path within the public_html directory (publicly viewable folder) of the hosting account. Users will only have access to the specific directories as specified in the FTP Manager.
Manage your FTP accounts via konsoleH:
1. Browse to konsoleH (https://secure.konsoleh.co.za/)
2. Login with your Customer number or email address and Management password.
3. Select or search for a domain name in the ‘Hosting Service’ tab
4. Select ‘Manage Services’ on the left-hand menu
5. Click ‘FTP Users’
6. Add, edit or delete FTP accounts.
- FTP accounts can only be created within the public_html directory and not within the ‘home’ directory (not public viewable).
- Providing access to the ‘home’ directory could pose a security risk and put the stability of your email accounts in jeopardy.
- The FTP username is not customizable. Each new user directory will be given a standardised FTP username that is linked to the main FTP username of the account. If the main FTP account’s username is ‘test’, any additional FTP account usernames will increment by one, for example ‘test_02’, ‘test_03’, etc.
- When creating an FTP account, an auto-generated password will already be populated within the ‘FTP Password’ field. You may enter a different password.
- Should you change the password of the main FTP user, the password used to log into konsoleH will also change accordingly for the relevant hosting account.
- You have the option of emailing an FTP account’s access details to a specific email address.