It is good practice to change your passwords every 30 to 60 days to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
To change your FTP password via konsoleH follow these steps:
1. Browse to konsoleH (https://secure.konsoleh.co.za/)
2. Log in with your Client number or email address and Management password
3. Select or search for the applicable domain
4. Select ‘Manage Services’ in the left-hand menu
5. Select ‘FTP Users’
6. Select ‘Edit’ next to the user account you wish to change
7. You can change your default password by
o creating a strong password yourself
o letting konsoleH auto-generate one for you.
8. Enter your new FTP password and ensure that it is a strong password
9. Click ‘Update’
When changing your FTP Password, it is important that you update your FTP program.
Please only use accept strong passwords. To ensure your password is strong make sure you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters.
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks.
- Use at least one special character: ! @ # $ % * ( ) - + = , < > : : “ ‘ .
- Ensure it is at least 8 characters long.
- Do not use your username, email address or domain names associated with your profile.
- Do not use your personal information, such as name, phone number, ID number, special dates, address or names of anyone you know.
- Use different passwords for you various hosting services.
- Use a word or phrase you can remember easily, but would be very difficult for anyone else to guess.