It is good practice to change your email passwords every 30 to 60 days to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
To reset or change your email password via konsoleH follow these steps:
1. Browse to konsoleH (https://secure.konsoleh.co.za/)
2. Log in with your Customer number or email address and Management password
3. Select or search for the applicable domain on which the email address resides (eg your-domain.com)
4. Select ‘Mail’ in the left-hand menu
5. Select ‘Manage Accounts’
6. Select ‘Edit’ next to the applicable mailbox.
7. Enter your new password (ensure you use a strong password).
8. Confirm your new password.
9. Click on ‘Update’
It is also possible for you to change your email password via the webmail interface.
If you also make use of an email program to access your email, it is important that you update the email program with your new password.
Please use only strong passwords. To ensure your password is strong make sure you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters.
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks.
- Ensure it is at least 8 characters long.
- Do not use your username, email address or domain names associated with your profile.
- Do not use your personal information, such as name, phone number, ID number, special dates, address or names of anyone you know.
- Use different passwords for your various hosting services.
- Use a word or phrase you can remember easily, but would be very difficult for anyone else to guess.