Mozilla Thunderbird Email Setup
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalized screenshots providing visual examples to follow.
Your customised mail settings are as follows:
Incoming (POP) server: mail.your-domain.com
Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.your-domain.com
Account / User Name:
SMTP Authentication: On (same Username as POP)
SMTP Port: 587
Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
1. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
Add a new email account
2. Select File from the top menu bar and then New and Mail Account
Mail Account Setup
3. Enter your name (which will appear the “From” field in your emails), email address and password, then click Continue
Automatic settings check
4. Thunderbird will automatically search for mail server settings related to your account. This information is displayed on the same screen and a green light indicates that the search was successful.
5. Click Manual Setup
6. On the next screen (Server Settings), adjust the Server Name to pop.your-domain.co.za and ensure that the Port is set to the 110. User name should be your full email address i.e.
7. Ensure that the Use secure authentication checkbox is NOT ticked
Outgoing Server Settings
8. Click Outgoing server (SMTP) in the menu on the left hand side and ensure that the outgoing server is selected for the correct account/email address, then click Set Default (if not already the default). 9. Click Edit
10. Ensure that Server Name is smtp.your-domain.com and that the Port is set to 587. 11. Click OK 12. Your Thunderbird homepage will now display and you should now be set up to send and receive mail. Email still not working?