Outlook 2010 Email Setup
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalized screenshots providing visual examples to follow.
Your customised mail settings are as follows:
Incoming (POP) server: mail.your-domain.com
Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.your-domain.com
Account / User Name:
SMTP Authentication: On (same Username as POP)
SMTP Port: 587
Launch Outlook 2010
1. Launch Outlook 2010
2. Select File from the top menu bar and then Info and Account Settings
Create new account
3. On the Auto Account Set-up screen, click Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
Choose email service
4. Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
5. Enter all the relevant details (Select ‘POP3’ as the server type) and then click More Settings (Note: Outlook will auto-fill your user name, please ensure you fill in your entire email address as the username)
Outgoing Server Settings
6. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected, as well as Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
7. Select the Advanced tab
8. Ensure that your settings look like the settings shown in this screenshot. In particular, check that:
• The Incoming server (POP) port is set to the default (110)
•The Outgoing server (SMTP) port is set to 587
9. Click OK, then Next and Finish.
10. Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.